Every female wants to have smooth and silky hair. Short or long, curly or straight—glossy hair always gives a good impression. The outer layer of healthy locks contains natural oil to keep it moist and glossy. When this layer is damaged, your locks will look dull, unhealthy and dry.
Some of the issues that contribute to dull locks are illness, nutritional deficiencies, use of harsh locks care products, not using a good conditioner, overexposure to the sun, frequent use of locks dyes, age, too much stress, high mineral content in the water, chlorine in swimming pools and apply of heating tools. Soft and shiny locks take a bit of effort. Proper locks care is the only method for both men and women to get shiny, silky and smooth locks.
Here are the best home remedies for shiny hair.
Eggs are perhaps one of the good ingredients to provide nourishment and gloss to your hair in minutes. Being a good source of protein, fatty acids and lecithin, eggs aid repair damaged and dull hair by adding moisture and gloss. Eggs also help make your locks strands strong and thick.
- Blend one egg white and 1 tablespoon each of olive oil and honey until you get a smooth paste. Use this paste on damp hair and scalp. Cover your head with a shower cap for about 30 minutes. Then rinse your locks with a mild shampoo and cool water.
- Beat 2 eggs until you get a foamy texture. Blend in 2 tablespoons of almond oil and one-half cup of yogurt. Use this mixture on your hair and scalp. Cover with a shower cap for 30 minutes and then shampoo your locks with cool water.
- Follow either of these egg cures once a week to get soft and shiny hair.
Note: Never wash your hair with hot water after applying an egg mask. Hot water will clot the egg and it will be very difficult to rinse it out of your locks.
Beer works as a good hair tonic. The proteins (hops and malt) in beer help repair damaged locks cuticles and provide nourishment to locks follicles. This, in turn, adds luster and shine to your locks.
Products from Amazon.com
- Rinse your hair with shampoo and then apply flat beer from the root to the ends.
- Massage the beer thoroughly into your scalp applying circular motions.
- Allow it to sit for about 5 minutes and then wash it off.
- Follow this remedy once every 2 weeks.
To get glossy hair, it is important to provide nourishment by using oil on your hair on a regular basis. Coconut oil (organic and unrefined) is one of the good options. It helps restore moisture to dry and damaged locks, in turn making it glossy and healthy.
Use warm coconut oil on your locks, from the root to the ends. Massage for a few seconds and then wrap your locks in a shower cap or towel for at least 30 minutes. Wash your hair with water, then shampoo and condition like normal.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $10.99Was: $16.49
One more option is to add a few curry leaves to 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Heat it until warm. When cool, massage the oil gently into the scalp and locks. Cover with a warm towel for 30 minutes and then rinse with a mild shampoo.