In some people, the skin around the ankle may look black or brown this is known as a black ankle. There are many causes for the development of dark skin around the ankle. The skin will be dry and thick near the ankle for some persons due to constant friction with the boots or rough clothes. It usually occurs in children and in older people.
If you spot dim ankles and knees in your legs, then you can apply almond paste mixture to lighten the dark ankles.
- Take 10 almonds and grind it to a smooth paste in a blender by using water.
- Now to this paste add a tablespoon of honey and blend it well.
- Use this mixture generously over your dark ankles and leave it there either overnight or for an hour.
- Rinse it off with cold water.
- Repeat this procedure daily for 10 days to see visible results.
- You can also add milk instead of honey to the almond paste.
It is a natural extract that has antiseptic possessions and has other helpful benefits for the body. Lemon juice is also an effective home remedy for black ankles and elbows.
- Cut 2 to 3 lemon pieces into halves and extract fresh lemon juice from it.
- Use this juice evenly on the dark ankles and leave it there for 30 minutes.
- Wash this off after 30 minutes and repeat this procedure 2 times a day.
- You will look your ankles lighten in 7 to 8 days
Aloe Vera Gel
It is a very good home remedy that you can use to cure dark ankles.
- Take fresh aloe vera juice or gel from the dark ankles of your leg.
- Apply it there for about thirty minutes.
- You can either rinse it off or take a shower after 30 minutes.
- Repeat this process every day to see your skin lightening around the ankle part
Glycerin And Rose Water
It has certain bleaching properties that will help in effectively lightening dark ankles.
- Add equal sizes of glycerin and rose water in a bowl and then blend well.
- You can also use a little bit of honey to this mixture.
- Use this mixture generously on the affected area and leave it there for 45 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water and then pat dry.
- Repeat at least 5 to 6 times a week to see effective changes in ten days.
- Add 2 or 3 teaspoons of baking soda in half a bucket of hot water.
- Dip your darkened ankles in this water and leave it there for 20 minutes.
- Just rinse your ankles after 15 minutes and pat dry. Do this regularly to see good results.
- You can also blend baking soda with a small amount of water to make a smooth paste. Use this paste on the affected area.
- Apply it for 20 minutes and rinse it off to see skin lightening around your ankles.
It is a natural ingredient that helps in skin whitening as it has vitamins and fatty acids that help in decreasing dark skin tone.
- Use 1 tablespoon of rice flour to 2 to 3 tablespoons of fresh milk.
- Use it on the dark ankles and gently massage the area for 15 minutes.
- Leave it there for another 10 minutes and then wash it off.
Repeat every day to look skin lightening around the ankles in about 10 days.