Maintaining a clear and beautiful skin, takes time, consistency and effort. Dermatologists may recommend lots of products, that are expensive and don’t really work. You can, as well, add some home remedies for blackheads and whiteheads into your daily beauty regimen and in a few weeks, you will experience a drastic reduction or even total elimination of the problem.
Most acne pimples
, including blackheads, occur when pores become clogged with dirt, dead skin cells, and sebum, your skin’s natural oil. So let’s take a look at some home remedies that may eliminate the problem for good.
– High in vitamin C, vitamin A and citric acid, are a natural blackhead remedy.Tomatoes have natural antiseptic properties that dry up whiteheads and blackheads.
Peel and mash a small tomato. Apply the tomato pulp to your blackheads and whiteheads before going to bed. Leave the tomato pulp on your face till morning and then wash your face with warm water.
-A natural source of hydroxy acids. Beta hydroxy acid helps to exfoliate your skin and get rid of dead skin cells making room for new cells to grow. These acids are used in chemical peels to erase fine lines. Alpha hydroxy acids hydrate your skin, prevent clogged pores, improve texture and increase the production of collagen leaving you with a glowing complexion. Wash your face in warm water. Then, squeeze the juice of one lemon into a bowl. Add a pinch of salt and stir the mixture. Apply the mixture to your blackheads and whiteheads. Leave the mixture on for approximately 20 minutes and then wash your face with warm water again.
Lime – You can also use another home day that is almost the same using lime and cinnamon. Equal parts of lime juice and cinnamon powder and apply this mixture to blackheads. Leave it on overnight and rinse it off in the morning
– Mix about a three-to-one cornstarch to vinegar into a paste. Apply it to your problem areas and let sit for 15 to 30 minutes. Remove the paste with warm water and a washcloth.
– Mix three tablespoons of plain yogurt with two tablespoons of oatmeal. Add one teaspoon of olive oil and one tablespoon of lemon juice to the mixture. Stir the mixture thoroughly and apply it to the effective area of the face. Let the mixture sit for five to seven minutes then rinse off with cold water.
– Mix either oatmeal or almond powder with just enough rose water to make a spreadable paste. Apply it to your problem areas with your fingertips first and then apply it to the rest of your face. Let it sit for about 15 minutes and then rinse your face with cold water.
– Soak rice in milk for 5 hours and then grind this in a blender until it is paste-like in consistency. Use the paste as a scrub on affected areas of the body.
Potatoes – Grate raw potatoes and then rub the area with the mixture. Wash it off after 15 minutes.
– Crush some fenugreek leaves and mix with water to form a paste. Put this on the face for 15 minutes and then remove it. Do this every night to keep your face free of blackheads.
Coriander leaves – Mix some coriander leaves and a little turmeric powder with water and form a paste. Use this as a mask to eliminate blackheads.
-Grind oatmeal into a powder in a blender and then add some rose water. Use this in affected areas for 15 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
– Prepare a mixture of equal parts of baking soda and water and rub it onto your face or other body areas prone to blackheads. Leave it on for 15 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water.
Toothpaste (Make sure it’s fluoride-free) – Toothpaste
is an effective blackhead and whitehead remover. Apply a thin paste to your infected areas and let it sit on your face for at least 25 minutes. You will probably feel a burning sensation when you apply the toothpaste, but this is normal and will pass. Once you remove the toothpaste, the top of your blackheads and whiteheads will disappear, but you still need to thoroughly wash your face to remove the buildup underneath. Repeat this home remedy every other day for two weeks.