Many people believe that anxiety is a passing cloud and will go away with time. However, anxiety disorders are a different ball game altogether. If one has been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder, they should ensure that they undergo the anxiety treatment. It is a good idea to know about the different kinds of medicines that can be used for anxiety disorder treatments.
Some of the Different Types of Medicines Are:
This is a type of medicine that is used for the anxiety treatment. It helps to relax the muscles and also has a calming effect. This medicine works in the nervous system and helps make the brain less sensitive. The different types of medicines that include this drug are:
Typically, this type of drug is basically used to treat short-term anxiety. There are some disadvantages associated with this drug. They are: it increases drowsiness and makes the patient feel sleepy. Also, this can be addictive. Hence, this should be prescribed by a qualified doctor. Overall, this is a drug that should be consumed in controlled moderation. Otherwise, it can cause some unwanted side effects.
This type of drug induces neurotransmitters that help relax the brain. Antidepressants are usually used for an anxiety treatment, but the effects can be noticeable only after 3-4 weeks. The different types of antidepressants include:
- serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs)
- selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs)
The different examples of SNRIs that are often used are:
- Cymbalta (duloxetine)
- Effexor XR (venlafaxine)
The different examples of SSRIs include:
- Celexa (citalopram)
- Prozac or Sarafem (fluoxetine)
- Lexapro (escitalopram)
- Paxil, Paxeva, or Brisdelle (paroxetine)
- Zoloft (sertraline)
There are some disadvantages of using SNRIs and SSRIs. They include a reduction in sexual libido, increase in dizziness, increase in restlessness and nervousness, nausea, and many more. These kinds of drugs should be taken in moderation, too. If this is consumed a lot, it might cause long-term complications.
Other Types of Anxiety Disorder Treatments:
While some doctors prescribe medications, others prescribe natural means to recover from stress. Some of these natural means are:
- Accepting that one cannot look at every circumstance and control it is a cool anxiety treatment tip.
- Maintaining an outlook on life that is very positive helps people in avoiding an expensive anxiety treatment.
- Finding out the root of the anxiety will help a great deal in avoiding anxiety treatment.
- Ensuring that one understands it is really important to eat well to stay away from anxiety treatment.
Some of The Actions to Be Taken to Deal with Anxiety Are:
- Taking a break from a regular routine work
- Talking to friends and families about the things that cause anxiety
- Reading online blogs and taking free online courses on how to overcome stress
- Engaging in community-related activities
- Drinking a lot of water and taking a deep breath
These tips usually ensure that anxiety can be dealt easily in a proactive manner rather than in a reactive manner. Overall, they help a great deal in avoiding anxiety treatment. Some of the professional sports organizations have come to realize that anxiety-related disorders are serious and are setting up counseling centers to talk to them on a regular basis.
Some of the symptoms that one can look out for anxiety-related disorders are dry mouth, tensed muscles, palpitations, cold feet and hands, problems related to sleep, panic, and fear. If one shows these symptoms, it is best to deal with such problems as early as possible. Sometimes researchers do not know what kind of factors causes anxiety but looking for these symptoms can be a start.