When you are deciding to get a tattoo sleeve, you have to think out every little detail quite carefully. Unlike a typical tattoo that you get on your body, getting a traditional tattoo sleeve requires commitment, planning and time. You cannot just choose any image that you like on impulse from the internet and build your theme upon it. The best way to make the tattoo design is going through the previous works of professional tattoo artists or online research. But you should keep in mind that any image cannot be designed on your skin.
When you plan on getting a traditional tattoo sleeve, you have to understand that it takes a lot of planning, commitment and time. Firstly, it is quite important to do your research so that you can decide upon the style and theme of your sleeve. Start looking for tattoo artists who can work with you closely and decide your ideas so that you can get your custom tattoo sleeve design in the desired manner. Finding a reputed tattoo artist specialized in the field is very important in this case.
There Are Four Different Kinds Of Traditional Tattoo Sleeve Tattoos:
- Quarter: Getting a quarter sleeve means that the area right from the middle of your elbow to the top of the shoulder will be covered in tattoos.
- Half: This means that the tattoo will cover the area from your elbow to the top of your shoulder.
- Full sleeve: The area right from your wrist to the top of your shoulder is covered in tattoos.
- Hikae: This style was originally from Japan, where the tattoo sleeve would cover the chest area starting from the wrist of your hand.
How To Plan Your Traditional Tattoo Sleeve
Traditional Tattoo sleeves require a lot of planning since they consist of much smaller yet intricate works of art. You must remember to collaborate with your tattoo artist since he should get some freedom while designing your tattoo sleeve. Believe it or not, they are the professionals here, so they would know what would look the best. Expressing your idea and desire the tattoo sleeve to your artist will help them to create a unique and professional piece of artwork that you can be proud of.
- Look for professional artists: This is a no-brainer. One of the mistakes that people tend to make while deciding on the design of their traditional tattoo sleeve is choosing the wrong tattoo artist. Every tattoo artist specializes in their own artwork. This basically means, while some can do great portraits, some are great at minimalistic line work art. So deciding on what the central theme of your tattoo is, you can choose your tattoo artists accordingly. You can check out the portfolio of the tattoo artists.
- Styles and themes: Browse through different themes and styles in order to decide on the central theme of your tattoo sleeve. There are different styles such as tribal, new school, Japanese, Celtic, etc that you can choose from.
- Motifs: You can choose a few motifs in order to make a more intricate tattoo that will be completely customized for you.
- Symbols: After deciding on the style, motif and overall message of the tattoo sleeve, you can then choose some symbols in order to incorporate into the entire tattoo. This will add an overall meaning to your tattoo sleeve.
After getting your tattoo it is pretty important that you talk to your tattoo artist about the aftercare tips. The healing process takes time and you should make sure that you are following the professional tips in this period.