A migraine is characterized as a severe ache on one side of the head. An intense headache can be accompanied by sensual warnings. It can reason sensations in arms, sensitivity towards the light and blind spot. The ache can last from a few hours to a few days. It is a common issue in the US. Further 30 millions of Americans experience a migraine. The exact reason for a migraine is unknown but it is believed to be caused by abnormal mind activity which leads to temporary variations in the chemicals, nerve signals and blood flow in the brain.
Kinds of a Migraine
- A classical Migraine
- A common Migraine
Signs of a Migraine
- Craving for food
- A Severe ache in one side of the head.
- Stiff neck
- Pain in eye
- The increase in pain with exertion.
- Sensitive towards light and sound.
- Nausea with vomiting.
- Frequent Yawning
Causes of a Migraine
- Hormonal changes
- Lack of sleep
- Anorexia and bulimia
- Loud sounds
- Certain drugs
- Foods with additive tyramine, such as soy products, hard sausages, fava beans and etc.
- Food additives
- Stress and tension
Chamomile as a cure for a Migraine
The qualities present in chamomile such as antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory and soothing possessions makes the remedy apt for a curing migraine. Even among the chamomile kinds, “ German Chamomile” is the greatest.
- In a cup of hot water blend 2to3 teaspoons chamomile flower, cover the cup and let it steep for a while.
- Use a half tablespoon of lemon juice and honey
- Drink the tea 2-3 times a day to relieve the signs of a migraine.
- Strain the liquid and drink it on a regular basis.
It has the anti-inflammatory property which calms the nerves and decreases an acute headache. Also, the antispasmodic possessions of the remedy come handy for curing the symptoms of a migraine.
- The best method to use peppermint is drunk peppermint tea 3-4 times a day.
- Alternatively, use your temple, forehead, and neck with peppermint essential oil.
- Use this remedy as much time as you can until you get the encouraging consequences.
Ginger as a Remedy for a Migraine
It is one of the most powerful remedies for a migraine. Regular use of ginger also proves helpful for curing migraine. A chemical known as propagandist helps the muscle contraction and inflammation in the blood vessels of the mind. The herb blocks this chemical and calms the nerves. It can be a great substitute for anti-inflammatory medicines.
- Boil 2 cups of water and use grounded ginger to it.
- Let it brew.
- Strain the water, you can use honey for sweetness.
Drink this tea two times a day until you find relief.