Spider veins, also known as Angioectasias, are small, dilated blood vessels. The affected vessels seem like thin red or blue lines on the surface of the skin or mucous membranes and appear like spider webs or tree branches. This problem mostly disturbs the legs, hands, and face, especially around the nose, cheeks, and chin. Spider veins happen as a result of weak or damaged valves in the veins. Here are some best ways to get rid of spider veins.
It helps improve blood circulation, making it an effective cure for spider veins. It also helps break up fibrin, a blood protein that builds up in parts where your veins are damaged. Follow some steps to get rid of spider veins.
- Take 1 inch of fresh ginger root into thin pieces.
- Add the ginger pieces to about 2 cups of boiling water.
- Simmer on low heat for ten minutes.
- Strain, mix honey and drink it while the tea is still warm.
- Use ginger tea 2 or 3 times a day.
Note: If taking blood pressure medication or blood thinners, consult your physician before using ginger.
Apple Cider Vinegar
It is another natural cure for spider veins. It recovers blood flow and circulation, which helps decrease swelling and pain to a great extent.
Saturate a bit of cloth with raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar. Place the cloth on the affected part for 20 minutes. Do this 3 times a day for some days.
Also, use 2 teaspoons of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar to a glass of water and stir well. You can also use a little raw honey for taste Drink it twice every day.
The herb horse chestnut helps strengthen veins and thus is very effective in decreasing the discomforts of spider veins and other venous problems. It has anti-inflammatory and anti-swelling possessions. Follow these ways to get rid of spider veins.
- Use horse chestnut seed gel (available in the market) externally on the affected area two times daily.
- Alternatively, blend 1 tablespoon of horse chestnut tincture in 10 tablespoons of distilled witch hazel. Use it to the affected area two times daily.
- You can also take horse chestnut supplements. Consult your physician for the correct dosage.
Note: Pregnant or nursing females should not ingest horse chestnut. Also, avoid applying this herb if you have kidney or liver sickness, or if you are taking blood-thinning drugs.
Poor blood circulation is one of the leading reasons of spider veins, especially on the legs. Exercise increases blood circulation throughout the body, strengthens your body and increases the veins’ strength.
Moderate everyday exercise even helps fight obesity and decreases the danger of other venous insufficiency problems.
- Walk for 30 minutes, at least, 5 times a week. Also, get up and walk around every 3 hours for 10 minutes.
- To strengthen your calf muscles, increase yourself up on the balls of your feet and then slowly lower yourself back down for 15 minutes.
- Include circulation-boosting activities, such as jogging, swimming and climbing stairs, in your everyday routine.