Pharyngitis is the medical term for an infection in the back of your gullet (pharynx) that reasons constant uneasiness, ache, and scratchiness in the gullet. Most cases of pharyngitis get better on their own within a week without a drug. Some simple home remedies can help ease your signs to make you feel more comfortable until the infection is gone. Common signs of pharyngitis or a sore throat include dry throat, scratchy throat, difficulty in eating and swallowing, soreness and inflammation.
Honey is the best cure for pharyngitis. It works better for upper respiratory infections compared to over-the-counter drugs. Due to its antiviral, antiseptic and antifungal properties, honey can even combat the infection and speed up the healing process.
- -Combine equal amounts of honey and apple cider vinegar. Add 1 tablespoon of this mixture every 4 hours or as needed for ache relief.
- -Alternatively, mix 1 teaspoon of honey in 1 cup of hot water. Add the fluid of half a lemon to it and mix well. Sip it slowly throughout the day until your condition recovers.
Horehound is good herb reduces inflammation and swelling of the throat. It acts as an expectorant and thins mucus that helps in faster clearing of the gullet. Sip on horehound tea till the signs of pharyngitis are gone. To make the tea, chop the herb and take 2 teaspoonfuls of it into boiling water, strain the combine and drink it on a regular basis.
Turmeric for pharyngitis treatment
Turmeric is the great remedy for pharyngitis, which has powerful antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- -Take one-half teaspoon each of turmeric and table salt in 1 cup of warm water. Gargle with the mixture two times a day.
- -You can also mix a 1-half teaspoon of turmeric and a dash of black pepper powder in a glass of hot milk. Sip it gradually. Have this drink 1 or 2 times every day for quick recovery.
For temporary relief of sore gullet signs, gargle with a combination of 1/2 cup tomato juice and 1/2 cup warm water, plus about 10 drops warm pepper sauce. The antioxidant properties of lycopene may help cure a sore throat quick.
Sage is also relieved throat and mouth inflammation and alleviates a cough. You can use few fresh or dried leaves of sage and brew it into the tea that is very soothing for your throat. You can also breathe freshener with sage. Add a teaspoonful of dried sage and put it in some hot water. Strain the combine and gargle with it at least 4 times every day.
Marshmallow Root treatment
Marshmallow root has been used usually to cure a sore throat as well as other signs of pharyngitis. Its mucilage coats and soothes the gullet to get rid of the irritation.
- -Take 1 tablespoon of dried marshmallow root to one cup of boiling water.
- -Hide and steep for 15 – 20 minutes.
- -Strain and use some honey.
- -Drink 2 to 3 cups of this herbal tea on a regular basis until you get better.
- Note: This therapy is not suitable for pregnant or nursing females, or people who are diabetic.