When it comes to remedies for flu and colds, usually we think of lemon and ginger.
But there are many other ingredients that you can use to combat an infection, including aromatic herbs and spices. Among these, though less used, the tea and the essential oil of oregano.
What properties does oregano tea have?
Oregano has antioxidant and antibacterial properties. Besides, it contains fiber, iron, manganese, vitamin E, calcium, omega fatty acids, and tryptophan, which strengthens the immune system and combat infection. Oregano is strong enough to combat antibiotic-resistant and bacteria (MRSA).
Thanks to its anti-inflammatory benefits, it could treat osteoporosis and arteriosclerosis. Also, the plant treats asthma, bronchitis, burns, bloating, cramping, headaches, fatigue, muscle aches, toothaches, and gum diseases.
The benefits of oregano plants are partially due to content or rich in antioxidants. Incidentally, in the journal of clinical nutrition, “is mentioned as was found in oregano antioxidant content of 42 times larger than an apple.
And a study conducted in 2007, published in the ‘ International Journal of Food Sciences, ‘showed that the antioxidants in the tea of oregano could reduce cholesterol.
Another study published in the June edition of ‘ the Journal of Pharmacy and pharmacology ‘ discovered that these antioxidants might have positive effects on laboratory animals with colon cancer.
Oregano tea fight cold and flu
Oregano increases the production of perspiration, helping your body to detoxify and acts as an expectorant favoring easier removal of secretions. For better results, add oregano oil to a diffuser and inhale the steam.
- 4-6 tablespoons fresh leaves of oregano
- 2½ cups of water
- 1 cup of raw organic honey
- Put water to boil in a saucepan.
- Chop the leaves finely and place in a saucepan.
- It is scalding over medium heat 10 minutes.
- Take off the heat and leave to infuse for 5 minutes.
- Strain, add honey, and enjoy hot.
- You can apply the cooled tea and on the skin to treat acne and dandruff. Hot tea, consumed after a meal more consistent, improves digestion, combat appearance of gas, and prevents constipation.
- For a complete cure, it’s nice to get off to proper hydration, to rest, and to adopt a healthy eating, no processed products. And a hot bath, you can add a few drops of essential oil of oregano and eucalyptus, can open airways and sinuses.
- Updated on12/19/2019
Updated on 11-08-2020
Organic Lavender Shampoo, 32 fl ozProduct on sale
Lip Balm, 0.17 ozProduct on sale
Organic Pomegranate Orange Lip Balm, 0.15 ozProduct on sale
Organic Vanilla Honey Lip Balm, 0.15 ozProduct on sale
Pomegranate Lip Balm, 0.15 ozProduct on sale
Citrus Liquid Soap Made With Orange Oils, 32 fl ozProduct on sale
Discovery Essential Oil Kit Box, 1 fl ozProduct on sale
Fairtrade Organic Rose M/w Oils Liquid Soap, 32 fl ozProduct on sale
Organic Castile Eucalyptus Liquid Soap, 32 fl ozProduct on sale