The range of food additives ‘ forbidden ‘ belong to those used for the yellow and red coloring of the juice, jam or compote, and even mustard. They can complicate the already existing disease or also cause cancer.
Food additives or E added to ‘ improve ‘ the taste, color, stability, resistance to alteration of food or drinks. Although some associate the phrase ‘ E ‘ with hazardous substances, should know that there are additives that do not represent a risk, there is no need for them.
Additives are neither needed nor have high nutritional quality for our bodies as natural products. However, the majority of food additives are generally harmless. Still, their consumption in large quantities or those toxic or even cancerogenic properties can induce:
allergies, fatigue, nausea, headaches, heart palpitations, severe cardiovascular disease, and other serious health problems.
That’s why when you go shopping, carefully read food labels to avoid those products that contain E-s or at least reduce their consumption.
Food additives divided into 24 categories.
The most common being: substitutes-that replace sugar, color to give a more savory, acidified-give it a slightly acid flavor, acidity regulators-add or reduces acidity emulsifiers-ensure a homogenous mixture between water and food fats, preservatives-delay or prevent food spoilage.
Also, they add correctors of taste and smell, improve the smell and taste of food, propulsors-gas used for packaging foods expulsion, antioxidants-limits oxidation of sensitive foods upon contact with air.
The most dangerous additives
Among the most hazardous additives are E-sites such as TARTRAZINE, E102, or a yellow dye, very harmful, which found in soft drinks, mustard, and jam. It may cause thyroid tumors or bouts of asthma.
Exotic Sunset yellow E110 or yellow dye may have a carcinogenic effect. It is found in sweets, cakes, puddings. Even E120 is not without fault, which is responsible for causing allergies.
E124, a red dye that is found in meats, is an additive toxic, producing tumors to the thyroid gland.
Particularly the deli, sausages, soft drinks, and canned produce are preserved with chemicals (especially soups from the package or smoked foods) contain most of the dangerous E-s.
There are also substances incriminated as having a significant contribution to the appearance of various types of cancer.
‘In the category of ‘ good ‘ belong E131, E142, E123 (in), E211 (preservative) banned in the U.S but allowed to us. The latter found in some soft drinks, like E213, E214, E215. And the additives responsible for taste and aroma category influence the occurrence of cancer, especially of the digestive tract, liver, biliary, or pancreas ‘, warns nutritionists.
E with a low level of danger
The list of additives that have a medium degree of hazard is far short, but here, the head of the list are all yellow and red colorants, namely E110 and E123.
‘These additives are used in juices, sweets, cakes, jellies, cheese processed through melting; they are considered less dangerous than TARTRAZINE
They are added to the product as (E233), used as a preservative in Citrus juices.
Some additives do not affect the health of the body. This category belongs to vitamin E, E306, or a natural antioxidant or synthesis, with a well-defined role in the protection of the antioxidative furnace, which can be found in liver, eggs, fish, soybeans. And vitamin C or lecithin are food additives that do not have adverse effects on health.
Top 15 e that should be avoided
- Sunset yellow
- Yellow dye Carcinogen found in chocolates, cakes, puddings, sodas
- Amaranth-red dye Carcinogen,
- Banned in the USA and Russia
- Sweets, jellies, cheese
E124 – 4R
- Concentrated dye sylvestris Toxic,
- Banned in the USA
- Eritrozina- red DIY
- Diy Causes cancer of the thyroid in animals and humans
- Used possibly alcohol, ice cream, cakes, candies, juices
- Red 2 G-Mutagenic and toxic dye.
- Banned in the USA and Australia
- Meat hamburgers benzoic Acid
- E211 and its derivations
- Possible carcinogen
- Banned in the U.S, but allowed in some sodas
- Cause allergies
- Meat hamburgers
- Potatoes dehydrated, candied fruits, cakes, beer, wine, wine vinegar
- Possibly carcinogenic preservative
- Banned in The USA And Australia
- Thiabendazole-Toxic preservatives
- Banned in Australia
- Nitrates and preservatives as possible carcinogenic preserved foods and Meats by curing, butyl hydroxy
- Anisol BHA
- Possible carcinogenic preservative
- A chemical used in potato, vegetable concentrates, sauces, soups, chewing gum
- Toxic texture respiratory
- Colectomy monosodium glutamate MSG
- Causes neurotoxic effects of concentrated soups Spices, Acetsulfam
- Possible carcinogenic sweetener
- Banned in the U.S.
- Chewing gum, confectionery, soft drinks
- Saccharin sweetener
- Possible carcinogen
- Chewing gum, sweets, soft drinks
Updated on 1/3/2020